The 2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E is the right choice for SUV buyers at dealerships like the Camp Verde Ford dealer looking to embrace the electric revolution without sacrificing the thrill of a sports car. It bears the distinctive design elements of the legendary Mustang lineage and promises a spirited driving experience worthy of the iconic badge. While it doesn’t share mechanical connections with the classic two-door Mustang, the Mach-E’s combination of up to 312 miles of range, a well-furnished interior loaded with the latest technology, and an overall sporty demeanor makes it a compelling option for both EV enthusiasts and Mustang purists.
The Ford Mustang Mach-E gets several key updates for 2023. The California Route 1 model is now offered exclusively in an all-wheel-drive configuration, ensuring more consistent performance across a variety of terrains. In addition, the panoramic sunroof now comes standard on both the GT and GT Performance Edition. The Premium extended-range models equipped with all-wheel drive also enjoy a slight boost in driving range, providing more freedom between charges. According to the Camp Verde Ford dealership, a new Mustang Nite Pony package is available for selected Premium and GT Performance Edition models.
Edmunds waxed poetically about the 2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E, writing: “It’s a Mustang! It’s an SUV! It’s the all-electric Ford Mach-E! We didn’t know what to expect when we heard Ford was cooking up an electric Mustang SUV, but we’re certainly glad it exists. With engaging driving performance, no tailpipe emissions and over-the-air software updates on a huge center touchscreen, the Mach-E drives and looks like a car of the future.”
The 2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E seats five in four trim levels: Select, Premium, California Route 1, and GT. Providing flexibility in power and performance, the 2023 Mustang Mach-E is offered in a standard-range 70-kWh battery or an extended-range 91-kWh pack. These batteries supply energy to an electric motor on the rear or both axles.
The 2023 Mustang Mach-E’s performance and range vary across different battery and motor combinations:
• RWD: Providing 247 miles of range, this option comes with 266 horsepower and 317 lb-ft of torque.
• AWD: This variant offers 224 miles of range, 266 hp, and 428 lb-ft.
California Route 1
• Extended-range battery, AWD: With 312 miles of range, this model enhances performance with 346 hp and 428 lb-ft.
• Standard-range battery, RWD and AWD: Specifications are identical to the Select.
• Extended-range battery, RWD: This configuration yields 303 miles of range, 290 hp, and 317 lb-ft.
• Extended-range battery, AWD: Offering 290 miles of range, it also delivers 346 hp and 428 lb-ft.
• Extended-range battery, AWD: A performance-oriented option with 270 miles of range, 480 hp, and a substantial 600 lb-ft.
• Performance Edition: Slightly reduced range at 260 miles, but with the same 480 hp and an increased 634 lb-ft.
EPA-estimated fuel economy is rated at up to 110 MPGe city/96 MPGe highway with rear-wheel drive and 99 MPGe/86 MPGe with all-wheel drive.*
* All vehicle mileage based on 2023 EPA mileage estimates. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.